วันเสาร์ที่ 6 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Oeuf en Cocotte

Hi there,
Today I have my adaptation of a French dish called Oeuf en Cocotte – baked egg in ramekin -which is made using creme fraiche. I did not have any creme fraiche on hand, so I decided to make it using cream instead.
Image
Ingredients
4 eggs
200 ml whipping cream
Truffle oil to taste
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices of bread
any cheese that melts well (I only had cheddar on hand, so I went with it.)
Image
Flavor the cream with salt and pepper to taste, if you would like to add any herb you can as well.
Pour some cream into the bottom of the ramekins, crack in the eggs, then top with more cream.
Bake in a water bath for 15 minutes, make sure the yolks are still runny.
Image
While the egg is baking make some cheesy toast by grating some cheese (I use cheddar because that’s all I had) on top of the toast and bake until melted.
Cut the bread into slices and use them to scoop out the creamy eggs. Before serving drizzle some truffle oil on top of the egg for added aroma.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น